I. ABOUT ESSAYS, CLASSWORK, AND READINGS
- All of the readings , will be provided by me through pdf. files sent to your USC e-mail address.
- All our class presentations are included in the blog. They are posted before the class. You may download them and take notes on the presentation you download. Essay instructions are also posted. Remember the essays are not posted in the blog, you need to bring them on paper to class.
- Instead of quizzes about the readings, you will be writing essays based on the readings and film. You have to bring your essay to class on the due date. Essays must be printed and brought to class on the day after the class discussion. Essays will be 25 points. You will be writing 4 essays which add to a 100 pts.
- My Favorite Director and the Film Comments will be written in the blog. The comments should be about the same length as mine, which will begin the discussion. Film comments can be about any film of your choice. As long as the comments are at least three paragraphs long, you will be assigned 25 pts. for each entry. Remember that anyone can see what you write online so be extra careful with your spelling and watch your language.
- Films will be viewed in class. Though you may have watched these films before, I recommend that you watch them again since I discuss details you may have forgotten.
- You will have 3 exams as presented in your class schedule.
- Your final exam is a video evaluating a film of your choice. This video is 100 pts. Instructions will be provided as we get closer to the end of the semester.
- Feel free to e-mail me should you have problems. I’ll answer as promptly as possible.
- The Shawshank Redemption, Stephen King pdf file (short story)
- Million Dollar Baby pdf file (short story)
- Gattaca pdf file (script)
- Harrison Bergeron (short story)
- Interview with the Vampire pdf file (novel)
- Memento Mori pdf file
- Q & A (Slumdog Millionaire) ( novel) pdf file
III. COPY OF CLASS SCHEDULE